As parents, we want the best for our children, don’t we? Being able to provide the essentials—a warm and loving environment, plenty of stimulation, and proper nutrition that meets all of their growing needs. When it comes to choosing the perfect baby formula for your precious ones, however, most parents are mystified and confused by the array of options that are available on the market. Every child is different, every parent has different preferences with regard to what they want their children to eat, and we have different ideas about what is healthy and nutritious. How can we slog through the plethora of products to find the perfect choice for our babies?
The following list of baby formulas is a great representation of some of the best brands on the market. These formulas have been tried, tested and approved by parents and medical professionals alike, and they have been proven to nourish growing babies with ideal nutrition. Peruse, pick apart, and make your discriminating choices, knowing that we’ve got you covered.
Moms everywhere breathe a bit easier knowing that they can easily give their child organic, non-go ingredients that are gentle on baby’s digestion. Plum organics is a comprehensive formula that fits the bill. Containing brain-nourishing fatty acids that are also present in breast milk, this is one of few formulas that are on the market that are one hundred percent organic.
- Easy on baby’s digestion
- Contains no corn syrup or artificial sweeteners
- Powder mixes well with water
- Lactose may irritate those with milk allergies
- Contains soy
- Price may be too high for some families
For breastfeeding mothers that need to transition babies to formula for various reasons, this formula is the perfect transition food. Perfect for gentle digestion, it is formulated with additional vitamins and minerals that encourage optimal growth and development.
- Completely free of corn syrup
- Free from maltodextrin
- Added DHA, Lutein, and Vitamin E for eye and brain health
- Has a short shelf life
- Transition period may bring tummy trouble
- Some babies do not like the taste and smell of this blend
This certified organic, vegan baby formula is perfect for infants and toddlers alike. The unique combination of ingredients is specifically formulated to promote healthy digestion and bone development, making it one of the most sought after formulas for babies from birth through age 2.
- All natural, brown rice syrup adds sweetness and better flavor
- No lactose; safe for babies with allergies
- All organic, non-GMO product
- Does not contain probiotics or lutein
- Does contain soy; may be an allergen for some babies
- A blend of vanilla and brown rice may cause an aversion to breast milk
This formula’s unique claim to fame is that it is the closest thing to breast milk that can be manufactured. A comprehensive blend of MFGM, DHA, Choline and probiotics do wonders for your growing baby while promoting healthy digestion and elimination. Your baby can easily switch back and forth from this formula to breast milk without stomach upset or irritation.
- Immunity-boosting formula
- Contains ingredients that promote healthy brain development
- Contains probiotics for healthy digestive development
- Some think price point is too high
- Contains a controversial sugar substitute
- Whey protein present in the formula may irritate sensitive stomachs
This power-packed formula is designed specifically for premature babies, offering additional ingredients that promote fast-track brain and body development. It even includes MCT oil, which is known to significantly speed up weight gain for these little ones.
- Non-GMO and certified organic
- Contains MCT oil for added growth and development
- Contains extra proteins and fats for optimal growth
- Contains corn syrup solids, which may irritate digestion
- Some babies don’t care for the taste and smell
- Needs a little coaxing to mix well without lumping
Not only is this formula a great product to introduce to your child for consistent growth and development, all packaging is certified recycled and reusable; feel free to store all of those little toys and snacks in your tub when your formula is gone. With essential ingredients like DHA and probiotics, it is close in composition to breast milk; it will be easy on baby’s sensitive tummy.
- Close in composition to breast milk
- Contains omega-3 fatty acids for brain development
- Recycled materials are reusable
- Contains polydextrose, an artificial sugar derivative
- Formula may cause gas
- Lacking in lactoferrin, an essential protein that helps to boost immunity
Regardless of the type of formula you choose, this list is chock-full of beneficial ingredients that will promote physical and mental health for your precious baby. Choose and use with confidence, knowing that you are giving your little one one of the best brands on the market!